The House Of Ruth Maryland Will Always Take A Stand - Always
We stand strong and unwavering in our drive to end domestic and interpersonal violence.
We stand up as dogged and determined leaders against injustice and ignorance, and for protection, resources and the rights of battered women, men, and their children.
We stand committed to preventing violence through education, outreach, challenging and changing attitudes, behaviors and practices that permit or promote violence.
We stand ready to help in the crisis and in the aftermath. Around the clock, experienced caring staff and volunteers provide skilled intervention to help victims find safety and rebuild their lives.
We offer immediate access to services through:
- 24 Hour Hotline
- Client Service Coordinators who work in the community with victims in crisis
- Emergency Shelter with 23 private rooms for women and children in imminent danger; six transitional apartments and supportive services
- Legal Clinic services providing free legal advice and representation in securing Protective/Peace Orders ; divorce and custody
- Individual and group counseling, therapy and case management services for women, children and youth
- A teen school-based educational program to assist youth involved in dating violence and stop the cycle of violence
- Therapeutic services for children of victims through our comprehensive Children's Program
- School and community-based prevention programs for children to change their social norms and teach skills for healthy interactions and problem-solving
- Abuser Intervention through our Gateway Project which provides psycho-educational programs for men who are emotionally, physically, or sexually abusing their partner; assists and educate victims to ensure their safety
Victims with Disabilities
Find out more about our Disability Outreach Program and our partners in this effort.