Adopt A Family 2022
Thank you for supporting the clients of House of Ruth Maryland this holiday season.
Thank you for your interest in participating in this year’s House of Ruth Maryland Adopt A Family program. Registration is now open for the 2022 holiday season. Please keep in mind that registration fills up quickly and families are matched on a first come, first served basis. In the event that you are unable to adopt a family this year, here are some other ways you can give or feel free to contact us directly at email@example.com to create a unique opportunity for you to still support our HRM community.
Please Note: Donors can expect to spend $100-150 per family member. A representative from House of Ruth Maryland will contact you with specifics of the individual(s) you are adopting, including their age, gender, clothing size and wish list by mid-November. Also, please remember to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list to avoid missing communications. Participating donors will be required to drop off their gifts within the designated times provided in Baltimore City the second week of December. If you’re an organization looking to adopt more than 10 clients, please email us at email@example.com.
To apply, please click the “Adopt A Family” button below.
Adopt A Family
Adopt A Family Questions
Drop Off Times and Location
Please drop off gifts at the House of Ruth Maryland Community Engagement Center located at 2521 N. Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21218. Specific time slots to be scheduled prior to drop off.
- Wednesday, December 7, 2022 from 3:00 – 7:00 PM ET
- Friday, December 9, 2022 from 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM ET
- Saturday, December 10, 2022 from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM ET
- Gifts should come to us unwrapped, with family numbers clearly labeled, but may include wrapping supplies.
- Please do not include food or candy in the presents unless specifically requested by the family (due to allergies and the fact that many of these items will need to travel and are subject to hot and cold conditions).
- Please do not include identifying information about yourself or your family – your confidentiality is important to us as well.
- ALL gifts for a family must arrive at the same time. This means that if you are part of a group splitting up a family, you cannot drop off on separate days. With many families enrolled in the program, it will be tough to reunite those gifts with one another.
While you do not need to purchase all of the items on a family member’s list – please know that they spend a lot of time on these, and that these are the items they most want or need. You are of course welcome to purchase additional items for the family members, but please prioritize what they have listed.
I can no longer Adopt A Family
If you at some point decide that you are unable to adopt the family, please let us know as soon as possible to allow enough time to find another donor for the family. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.