Ways to Donate Items
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the safest and most convenient way for you to donate items for House of Ruth Maryland clients is to use our Amazon wishlist so items are delivered directly to us. House of Ruth Maryland could not support the many women and children who seek help every year without the generous donations of clothing, supplies, food and many other items we need.
Donation Drop Off Information
The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Donation Center is open by appointment only at 2521 N Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21218. If you have questions about donations, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (443) 569-0463.
We are not accepting donations at Ruth’s Closet.
We accept donations of new and like-new freshly cleaned women’s clothing, shoes, handbags, jewelry and accessories for Ruth’s Closet at our warehouse location on Fridays from 12:00-5:00 PM only. No appointment necessary. The location for Ruth’s Closet donations is 11400-D Cronridge Drive, Owings Mills, 21117 (rear door).
Masks are required at drop-off. We will not accept donations outside of these times.
Below is a list of donations we accept for House of Ruth Maryland. Monetary donations can be made on our donation page or by calling (443) 569-0517.
- New bath towels
- Baby food (not formula)
- New clothing for adults and children, all sizes
- Used clothing, like new and freshly cleaned
- New undergarments and socks for adults and children, all sizes
- New toiletries and personal care products (not travel size)
- New pillows and new twin size and twin size long bed linens
- New bath linens
- Non-perishable food within expiration date (i.e., international foods, peanut butter and jelly, tuna, cereal, pasta, granola bars, juice boxes, etc.)
- We accept cell phones, iPods, and iPads for recycle. These items may be mailed to the House of Ruth Maryland, “Attn: Development”, 2201 Argonne Drive, Baltimore, MD 21218
Not Accepted Donations
Due to health, safety and storage reasons, we do not accept the following items:
- Used undergarments and used socks
- Used bedding and used bed linens
- Used housewares
- Used toys and used stuffed animals
- Bicycles and roller blades
- Used car seats and used cribs
- Used TVs and used home electronics
- Used appliances
- Used medical equipment
- Sample/travel size or partially used toiletries
- Adult diapers
- Used books
- Christmas decorations
Questions About Donations
Do you take clothing?
We accept new clothing, shoes, undergarments and socks for adults and children by appointment only at our Donation Center on North Charles Street. We will also accept used clothing and shoes if they are in like-new condition and are freshly cleaned. Please click here to make an appointment.
Do you accept stuffed animals or used toys?
We do not accept any used stuffed animals or toys due to health and safety concerns.
Do you pick up donations?
We are sorry, but we are unable to pick up donations.
Where do I drop items off?
Can I get a tax receipt for my donation?
All donors are provided with a tax receipt. Financial Donors will be mailed an acknowledgement letter which is considered a tax receipt. A receipt form is available for donors who give in-kind donations at the time of the donation.
Do you accept furniture?
We currently do not accept furniture donations. We recommend you contact Stephani Mummert at (410) 771-0053 with New Life Furniture Warehouse about donating furniture.
Do you accept cars?
We currently do not accept vehicle donations.
What are you in urgent need of?
Do you take computers?
We accept computers that are in working order and are Pentium IIIs or above. Please contact John Bowers at email@example.com if you would like to arrange a donation of computer items.
Do you accept cell phones?
We accept cell phones, iPods, and iPads for recycle. All information should be cleared off the cell phone (i.e., stored numbers, voicemails, etc.) and it should be “unlocked.”