House of Ruth Maryland is grateful for your support. Our donation needs change frequently, so please review this page to understand the items we are in urgent need of and what we items we cannot accept.
Thank You for Your Support
Below is a list of donations we accept for House of Ruth Maryland and the details of what items we accept. Monetary donations can be made on our donation page or by calling (443) 569-0516. If you have any questions regarding donations please contact our donation team at email@example.com or 443-569-0463. We encourage you visit our Amazon Wish List, which contain items urgently needed for our clients and their children.
Donation Drop Off Location
We no longer accept donations at Ruth’s Closet or our warehouse location in Owings Mills. We ask that you hold your donations of used clothing, shoes, jewelry, outerwear and accessories until January 2024 when we begin accepting clothing donations by appointment only.
The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Donation Center on North Charles Street is the drop-off location for new, urgently needed items by appointment only. WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING USED CLOTHING DONATIONS AT THIS LOCATION UNTIL JANUARY 2024.
Where: 2521 N Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21218
When: By appointment only. Typically Tuesday and Thursday afternoon-early evenings.
What: Only NEW urgently needed items such as:
- New Bedroom Items — Air mattresses, pillows, sheet sets, comforter sets (twin & queen)
- New Kitchen Items — Pots, pans, utensils, dinnerware, small appliances etc.
- New Cleaning Supplies — Dish soap, paper towels, sponges, detergent, etc.
- New Bathroom Items — Toilet paper, towel sets, bath mats, shower curtains, etc.
- New Personal Items — Cosmetics, toiletries, undergarments (all sizes), journals, adult coloring books
- New Baby and Children’s Items — Formula, size 5 & 6 diapers and pull-ups, new car seats and new strollers, new children’s clothing
- Tickets to local activities
- New/non-expired Food Items — Nonperishable food such as canned goods, pasta and sauce, rice, individually labeled snacks, water bottles, juice boxes
- Gift cards (Visa, MasterCard, Target, Walmart, Amazon, etc.)
Not Accepted Donations
Due to health, safety, and storage concerns we do NOT accept the following items at any location.
- Any feminine products, adult diapers, hygiene kits
- Any travel sized products
- Used bed or bath linens such as used towels, pillows, sheets and comforters
- Used athletic equipment, toys and stuffed animals
- Used baby items, such as car seats, cribs, or high chairs
- Used household or kitchen items
- Any medical equipment or medical supplies
- Any home décor items, artwork, or holiday decorations
- Any large appliances, TVs or electronics
- Any books or media (CDs, DVDs, records or tapes etc.)
- Any vehicles
- Any hangers
Schedule Donation Drop Off
Questions About Donations
Do you take clothing?
We no longer accept clothing donations at our Owings Mills locations. In anticipation of Ruth’s Closet moving to North Charles Street, we will begin accepting clothing donations in January 2024 at 2521 N. Charles Street by appointment only.
Do you accept stuffed animals or used toys?
We do not accept any used stuffed animals or used toys due to health and safety concerns.
Do you pick up donations?
We are sorry, but we are unable to pick up donations.
Where do I drop items off?
The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Donation Center on N Charles Street is open by appointment only. The Donations Center on N. Charles Street DOES NOT ACCEPT CLOTHES OR SHOES, and does not accept used items of any kind. Please contact our Donation Center Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Please click here for our Amazon Wish List of urgent need items.
Can I get a tax receipt for my donation?
Donors are provided with a tax receipt upon request. Financial Donors will be mailed an acknowledgement letter which is considered a tax receipt. A receipt form is available for donors who give in-kind donations at the time of the donation. If you recently donated and would like a receipt, please fill out this web donor form.
Do you accept furniture?
On a case-by-case basis, we may be able to accept furniture donations through Victim Coordinated Entry. Email email@example.com with any inquiries about accepting furniture.
Do you accept cars?
We currently do not accept vehicle donations.
What are you in urgent need of?
For our urgent needs, please see our Urgent Needs Amazon Wishlist.
Do you take computers?
We do not accept computers.
Do you accept cell phones?
We do not accept cell phones.