House of Ruth Maryland is grateful for your support. Our donation needs change frequently, so please review this page to understand the urgent items we are in need of and what we are no longer accepting.
Thank You for Your Support
Below is a list of donations we accept for House of Ruth Maryland and the details of what items we accept at each location. Monetary donations can be made on our donation page or by calling (443) 569-0516.
Donation Drop Off Locations
We offer two donations drop off locations that cater to different needs of the agency. Please review the donation options below to select the right location for your items. We are only accepting items listed at those specific locations.
Community Engagement Center
The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Donation Center on North Charles Street is no longer accepting new or used clothing and is only accepting new, urgently needed items as of July 1st, 2022.
Where: 2521 N Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21218
When: By appointment only. Typically Tuesday and Thursday afternoon-early evenings.
What: Only urgently needed, new items such as:
- Bedroom Items — Air mattresses, pillows, sheet sets, comforter sets (twin & queen)
- Cookware and Kitchen Items — Pots, pans, utensils, dinnerware, small appliances etc.
- Cleaning Supplies — Dish soap, paper towels, sponges, detergent, etc.
- Bathroom Items — Toilet paper, towel sets, bath mats, shower curtains, etc.
- Personal Items — Cosmetics, undergarments (all sizes), journals, adult coloring books
- Baby and Children’s Items — Formula, size 5 & 6 diapers, new car seats and new strollers, tickets and gift cards to local activities
- Food Items — Nonperishables, individually labeled snacks, water bottles, juice boxes
Owings Mills Warehouse
At our Owings Mills Warehouse, we will only be accepting women’s new and freshly laundered like-new clothing and accessories such as jewelry, handbags, and shoes for Ruth’s Closet.
Where: 11400-D Cronridge Drive, Owings Mills, MD 21117. Please drop off at the rear door.
When: Fridays from 12:00-5:00 PM ET. Appointment suggested but not required.
What: New and new-like items we will accept are as follows:
- Freshly cleaned women’s clothing and outerwear
- Women’s shoes and boots
- Handbags and wallets
- Jewelry and watches
- Accessories such as hats, belts, scarves, gloves, sunglasses
Not Accepted Donations
Due to health, safety, and storage concerns we do NOT accept the following items at any location.
- Any feminine products, adult diapers, hygiene kits
- Any travel sized products
- Used bed or bath linens such as used towels, pillows, sheets and comforters
- Used athletic equipment, toys and stuffed animals
- Used baby items, such as car seats, cribs, or high chairs
- Used household or kitchen items
- Any furniture
- Any medical equipment or medical supplies
- Any home décor items and artwork
- Any large appliances, TVs or electronics
- Any books or media (CDs, DVDs, etc.)
Schedule Donation Drop Off
Questions About Donations
Do you take clothing?
We only accept women’s new and like-new freshly laundered clothing, shoes, handbags, jewelry and accessories for Ruth’s Closet at our Owing’s Mills Donation Center (11400 Cronridge Drive Owings Mills MD 21117) on Fridays from 12:00-5:00 PM ET.
Do you accept stuffed animals or used toys?
We do not accept any used stuffed animals or used toys due to health and safety concerns.
Do you pick up donations?
We are sorry, but we are unable to pick up donations.
Where do I drop items off?
The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Donation Center on N Charles Street is open by appointment only. The Donations Center on N. Charles Street DOES NOT ACCEPT CLOTHES OR SHOES, and does not accept used items of any kind. Please contact our Donation Center Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Please click here for our Amazon Wish List of urgent need items.
Can I get a tax receipt for my donation?
All donors are provided with a tax receipt. Financial Donors will be mailed an acknowledgement letter which is considered a tax receipt. A receipt form is available for donors who give in-kind donations at the time of the donation. If you recently donated and would like a receipt, please email email@example.com and we will send you one.
Do you accept furniture?
We currently do not accept furniture donations. We recommend you contact the Habitat for Humanity Restore.
Do you accept cars?
We currently do not accept vehicle donations.
What are you in urgent need of?
For our urgent needs, please see our Urgent Needs Amazon Wishlist.
Do you take computers?
We do not accept computers.
Do you accept cell phones?
We do not accept cell phones.